Monday, November 2, 2009

This is Halloween, this is Halloween...

Hey guys! Happy Monday! I'm so glad today is over. Why is it that the busiest day of the week has to be the first day of the week? No gentle easing here, that's for sure! Anyway, I'm still composing the Trip Report. It's a lot more work than I was expecting! But still, I'm working through it. I just won't have it up as soon as I had hoped, but hopefully when it is posted, it will be the awesomest trip report ever!!

Anyway, enough about that. As promised, I've got pictures of my awesome Halloween costume as Peter Pan! While this costume wasn't Disney-Peter specific, I figured since it was in the spirit of fun, like this blog, and that it was somewhat Disney related, that I would post these. So enjoy!


Don't you just love my cardboard sword??? Anyway, I thought I'd give a few details on the construction of this outfit, which was extremely easy and extremely cheap. No sewing was involved at all! Here's all I had to get.

-I found forest green tights at a local costume shop. If you can't find green tights themselves, just get a white pair and dye them to the color of your heart's content!
-I got the pants at Ross for five dollars. They were originally way too long for me, but since I was planning on cutting them, it didn't matter anyway. Two easy snips later, I had my leggings. Then I got to pull the threads to make them look frayed. Destroying clothes on purpose is fun!
-Now this is the best part: the shirt is a pillowcase! All I had to do was cut use a ruler to cut an even V-neck in the front, then cut arm holes at the sides. Easy peasy!
-The belt and shoes I already owned. Using the brown belt to cinch up the pillowcase really helped it look more like a shirt. The belt really pulled the outfit together!
-The makeup I used was Kelly Green Covergirl eyeshadow, and I also used face glitter, which you can't really see in this picture. In retrospect I wish I had gone a little bit louder with the make-up, but I'm still happy with how it came out.
-The cuffs on my wrists were just left-over bits of pants that I had.
-The cardboard sword was easy! I just cut a sword shape out of standard brown cardboard and tucked it into my belt.

The only thing I feel like I could have used was a hat, but I think it was fine without it. If I had had more time to plan, I probably would have done my hair different, as well. But all in all, I really love how this all came together--it was better than I had hoped! Halloween is such a fun holiday, and I hope you all had as much fun as I did!

Now that it's November, it means that I am even closer to the opening of applications for Fall 2010! Crazy! But really it couldn't get here soon enough, even though I still have a lot to do to prepare. I still haven't made my little journal yet!

Well, I had better head to bed to get my beauty sleep. Nothing like a good night's rest to keep you running! See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment